Sunday, March 30, 2008

Follow Up for Hypoglycemia

When I finally figured out what was going on with my body, I had to change the way I ate. This does not consist of just taking away all the sugar. I also need to eat more regulalry and more often through out the day and I have to be smart about what I eat and not over eat. My routine usually consists of eating breakfast as soon as I wake up. My favorite morning meal is any flavor of yogurt with diced walnuts and maple granola. This is usually filling.

I do eat 3 larger meals a day and snack in between the meals. I try to to eat more crackers, fruit, jerky, nuts; anything that is filling and not empty calories. The key to this is to eat only when you are hungry and stop eating as soon as you feel full. This will keep you from over eating.

The reason for eating through out the day is to keep your body from crashing, and acting like a roller coaster. Your metabolism stays more steady and your body is in the same mode. Instead of raging hunger to over eating to over working to digest and so on.

Cutting back on the sugary stuff was difficult. The easiest way that i had found, was to quit buying it, if you want something sweet eat fruit or a sweet potato. And if you find yourself at the store and you think you need that candybar and soda pop, stop and ask yourself; do you want to feel good or do you want to feel that sugar buzz with the side effects?

It takes will power but it can be done. I hope this helps

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites