Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Deciding on Breast Implants / Augmentation

I know that there are many women out there that are not happy with how there clothes fit, how they look in a swimsuit and even how they look for their partner. I was one of them. I am 5'8" and around 130 lbs, i have 3 kids and my breasts had shrunk. Never have I had large breast, my cup size was never larger than a b and after I had my kids it wasn't even an a cup.


Trying to find clothes that I looked good in was hard because they just hung off of me, swimsuits were terrible, because my chest was completely flat. Oh how I hated bra shopping, I had to find one with enough padding and push up, to somewhat give my sagging skin a breast form. I even bought the push up liners to put in my push up bras to try and get some sort of a breast. When I would wear the bra top shirts, you know the shirts designed so you don't have to wear a bra? Well I still had to wear a bra so I can stuff in the padding to give some shape to my upper body.


It was hard not to be self conscious in front of my husband, my chest look there they were two deflated balloons hanging off of it, and when I would lay flat on my back, my chest literally looked as if it was concaved, seriously it scooped in ward, oh I hated it. My husband always told me that he was never a boob man, that he always liked butts and he liked mine best. It was sure nice to hear, but I still wanted breasts.


When you start thinking about getting breast implants, I think one of the biggest decisions is knowing that you are doing it for yourself and not someone else. Breasts are not going to fix a relationship, they can make you feel better about yourself but it is not going to make your significant other love you more. So please if you are thinking about getting your breasts done, do it for yourself and make sure that you are going to be happy with it.


Next thing is finding a good Dr. The Dr.'s in my area all offered a free consultation, it never hurts to have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd of 4th opinion. Each Dr. does it different and has different ideas. You also want to research the Dr. to make sure he/she is licensed in the state that they work and that there are no complaints, you can do this online.

I had called all the Dr's that were close to me and asked for pricing and how they accepted payment and so on. Out of the two Dr's that I chose the first one offered financing, he also charge $7500. I went in for my consultation, I really like him, but the price was a bit high for me.

I found a Dr. in Wyoming that would do it for $2800. I was a bit skeptical thinking man is it one of those, you get what you pay for, type of deals. So I researched him and found that he had many awards, was licensed in his state, had done over 2000 of these surgeries. So I scheduled my consultation and I even asked why he is so much cheaper than most
Dr.'s The receptionist told me it is because they get payment the day of surgery and do not finance anything out. This way they are not waiting on money to come in and
don't have to pay all the fees out to a finance company. This made sense to me.

I really like this Dr. as well, he was very up front, had great manners and always leveled with me and answered my questions thoroughly. We went over cup size and I had decided on a C but later changed my mind to a D cup. I told him that I wanted to be a large as I could get BUT still be proportionate to my body and not look too big for my frame. I wanted my breasts to have a natural "fall" to them when they were completely healed and I did not want the high breast that looked like it could touch my chin. We also discussed weather or not I wanted the new
silicone or saline implants. I went with the saline, with the other type of implants you have to go in for and MRI every 2 years to make sure they are not broke and leaking. I did not want to do this.

So I scheduled my surgery for January 11th 2007. Since my he was two hours from my house I had to arrive the day before. In my next post I will discuss the day of surgery and how I felt afterwards.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites