Sunday, April 13, 2008

Day of Breast Implant Surgery

The day of my breast implant surgery was a bit of a blur, so I will tell you what I do remember. I woke up at 7 am that morning, took a shower and dried my hair. There was no point in makeup and getting my hair fixed. I was a bit nervous but more excited than anything. 15 minutes before my appointment I took my "happy pill" that the Dr. had given me and by the time I got to the clinic I was already feeling a bit loopy.

As soon as I got to the office the Dr. came and got me and my husband and took us into and exam room. All I remember is telling him that I wanted to be a large D cup, to make me as big as I could and still look natural. He then took me to the operating room and I swear to this day that we walked through a wall, hahahaha, I dont remember any door. He then had me sit in this chair in which he performed the surgery on, they took off my shirt, gave me an IV and that is all I remember until I was waking up.

When I was coming out of the anesthesia, I told the nurse how great my kids are and how I couldn't wait to get home and sleep on my new foam mattress. When they sat me up and put the compression garment around my chest I got real sick to mu stomach and I had a killer backache. Right in the middle of my back, between my shoulder blades ached so bad, I was still real sleepy so I dozed and didnt pay too much attention to the pain.

The nurses then wheeled me into what I assume was the recovery room, I was sitting in some kind of chair with a heart rate monitor on my finger and the nurses told me that my husband and mom were out having breakfast and would be back shortly.

I kind of remember my mom and husband sitting there with me, but it is quite foggy. I also took the heart monitor off my finger and put it on my other hand, it did give everyone a start, because it seemed like my heart stopped. Why is it I remember that so well.

By the time time I was ready to leave, I was still out of it and remember getting in a wheelchair and wheeled out a back door so I can get straight to the car, when I was pushed outside it was real bright, snowing and windy. My husband put me in the front seat, we leaned the seat back and headed out for our 2 hour journey home.

Well I was still out of it on the way home, but would try and stay awake and I remember getting caught in a real bad snow storm, we were literally pushing snow with the bumper of our Ford Escape, the visibility was very poor and it took
4 hours to get home. When we got home mom stayed the night with is because the roads were bad. I was more awake and not feeling too bad, I remember pretty much just hanging out and taking off the compressions garment and putting on a sportsbra. I also made my kids bed so my mom had a place to sleep. I also talked to my sister on the phone and went to bed when I was tired.

So surgery day was pretty easy. If you are planning on getting breast implants make sure you have all your "chores" taken care of so you can relax for a few days and don't over do it. You know what your limitations are so just be careful. And enjoy your new breasts!!!

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites