Sunday, April 13, 2008

Post Surgery Recovery

Recovery from breast implant surgery was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. The morning after I was able to cook breakfast for my mom before she headed home and also done some real light house cleaning. Fixing my hair was slow because my chest was tight and it was hard to hold my arms up, I noticed that if I would try and move around through out the day that I didn’t feel so tight, but this feeling also passed as my body healed.

I think the worst part of the pain was the backache I had whenever I went to bed. I never really slept that well because it was hard to get comfortable. I used a heating pad on my back but it only helped for so long and the pain pills did nothing for me so I stuck with using Advil. When I would roll on my sides, the shifting of my breast would hurt all the way into my armpit, so what I would do is put a small pillow between my breasts, that way the breast that was not on the side I was laying on, was being supported, this worked quite well. I sometimes found it easier to sleep propped up, but the backache just wouldn’t go away, but this too went away within a few weeks.

My breasts would get achy at times and it worked real well to put a bag of frozen peas on my chest, the aches would come on if I was doing too much and pushing myself too hard. I am not one to sit around so I had to be real careful.

A month after I had my surgery I was out shoveling hay off a trailer and feeding cows, it ached some but it felt pretty good to get the muscled moving. I slowly started working out as well but really listened to my body so I would not injure myself.

I did lose feeling in parts of the skin around my breast, it is not bad I can still feel but some parts are not as sensitive as others. My incision was made under the fold of my breast so the scar is not visible, I am not too worried about this anyway because I do not run around nude in public and now a year later the scar has faded considerably.

The placement of my implants is under the muscle, I do not see any rippling of the skin and I think it helped with making my breasts look natural. Your Dr. will advise you on what he recommends and explain the two different placements to you.

I went back to the Dr for my two week post op, he took pictures and showed me how to massage the breast so it would move like a normal breast, this was a bit painful but necessary and I found that it was more comfortable to massage in the warm shower.

As far as wearing a bra, my Dr. said that I could wear whatever felt comfortable on me and that there were not any restrictions. I know that some Dr.’s do not want you to wear under wire bras, I never had any problems. I just stuck to sports bras until the tenderness when away.

The look of my breasts was very round, very tight and very perky and of course swollen. It literally felt like I had two balls stuck under my skin. But of course as I healed and in the past year the two girls have settled in quite nicely. They have a natural fall to them and look real natural and not all round but kind of teardrop shaped.

I love my breast and the way I feel and look in shirts and swimsuits. My confidence is back and I feel sexier. My husband who is a butt man has said he thinks my breasts are hot and sexy. I am very pleased with the outcome and I believe you will be too. Just be sure to do your research, get educated and find a great Dr. Remember to do this because you want to do it for you and no one else.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites